Thursday, April 2, 2009

Way to Gyoza

Another tasty Japanese dish mastered! Most people have had some form of gyoza in their lifetime; they are often called pot-stickers, this is how I knew them before moving to Japan. They are yummy and we love them. Jeff used to joke that he would name his first born child gyoza (lucky for Noah that was a phase) so I decided I would try out a recipe at home. I made the filling with ground pork, cabbage, green onions and mushrooms along with ginger, garlic, sesame oil and of course soy sauce for flavoring. They sell the dough right by the ground pork in the store so lucky me did not have to wonder around holding my English to Japanese dictionary and crossing my fingers that I stumble upon it. I also picked a Japanese lager to accompany our dinner. (Side note: beer in Japan is expensive! I'm talking 1700 yen for a 6 pack! Needless to say I only purchased two cans) 


They turned out great. And the beer was very tasty, well worth the 300 yen! 

Next week, sushi:-)

2 comments:

Brandy said...

congrats on your mastered recipe! I think we could go broke if my husband had to pay that much for beer!

Why are you in Japan? I looked through blog and couldn't figure it out.

Emily said...

Yummm...looks good :)